Prognosis Project Engineer
About this job
The Prognosis Project Engineer will report to the Prognosis Product Manager but will work independently in the configuration of Prognosis systems and applications.
The position is primarily based in Malton, North Yorkshire but will require occasional visits to customer sites, including overseas and offshore, to carry out surveys, installations, demonstrations and technical meetings.
The ideal candidate should have > 3 years experience working in the petrochemical industry with an excellent understanding of project lifecycles, field instrumentation and electrical principles.
• Configuration of systems
• Carry out systems testing, including hooking up and wiring of simulation
• Liaising with and working alongside project and software depts. in order to identify and resolve problems
• Ensure that any modifications are comprehensively tested prior to delivery
• Coordination of the procurement of system components and hardware if needed
• Create and maintain project documentation, e.g. FDS, ATM. User Guide, Project Plan etc.
• Preparation of quotations
• Be an expert on the use and configuration of Prognosis
• Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve hardware or software problems.via E-Mail, phone, remote login or site visits etc
• Provide consultancy on operational issues
• Visit customer sites to either carry out surveys or to install Prognosis system.
• Provide training to clients in the use and maintenance of Prognosis and associated peripherals
• Progress reporting both internally and to clients
• Developing and maintaining relationships with customers
• Be a member of the out of hours support team
• Other ad-hoc tasks as requested.
Salary: 25,000 GBP - 35,000 GBP
• Excellent understanding of process instrumentation
• Good customer relationship skills
• > 3 years experience working in the petrochemical industry
• Higher Certificate or equivalent experience in Control engineering or related discipline
• Good electrical knowledge including fault finding
• Good instrument configuration skills , e.g. PLC programming
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint etc )
• Good written and spoken communication skills
• Analytical approach to problem solving
• Ability to prioritise and organise workload.
• Good Mathematical Skills and use of spreadsheets
• Willing to travel UK and worldwide
Experience years: 5 Years
How to apply
01484 441 437