About this job
My client is the UK’s leading Financial Services network, supporting Independent Financial Advisers. Currently the business is expanding and looking to recruit an experienced IFA trainer to join the team based in the Head office in Huddersfield. This position does include travel around the UK to carry out workshops / training events.
Offering a salary up to £35,000 + £5,500 + Benefits
To produce and deliver quality face-to-face and online learning for IFA students. To also effectively supervise IFA students as and when required to ensure they are able to become authorised at the key points during the programme
Salary: 35,000 GBP - 40,500 GBP
• To deliver blended learning activities to IFA School students to support their learning in relation to advisor skills, business skills, technical knowledge and soft skills.
• Assess the learning of Students on the programme and provide them with appropriate feedback
• Develop a range of learning and assessment tools to aid the delivery of the programme
• Deliver face to face and online learning events to students when appropriate
• Assist in the development on the online virtual classroom and website for the IFA School
• Provide feedback and coaching to students throughout the programme to further develop their skills and ensure they have awareness of their strengths and development areas
• Provide supervision to students within member firms to ensure the programme complies with the relevant T&C Scheme
• Ensure that training materials and associated documents (e.g. course profiles, session plans, slides, assessment materials) are up to date and relevant for all training and assessment activity.
• Ensure relevant learning material is uploaded onto the online portal to support students through the programme
• Identify alternative learning materials which could be used to develop students and suggest solutions can be utilised
• Work as part of the project team to fully develop the programme and ensure the appropriate infrastructure is in place for the programme to be a success beyond the pilot
• Provide training for others associated with the programme where required e.g. advisor mentors and /or supervisors.
• Maintain and develop own technical knowledge and trainer skills.
• To undertake projects as and when required, to support the needs of the business or to achieve departmental objectives.
Critical Skills Required:
• Training delivery, presentation and public speaking
• Plan and prepare training and/or presentations
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Planning and organisation
• Build personal credibility at all levels of the organisation
• Ability to assess trainee advisers and supervisors
Critical Knowledge Required:
• Must have a good working knowledge of regulatory issues, UK taxation system, financial services products and associated compliance requirements affecting the retail distribution sector.
Experience years: 5+
How to apply